Valley Gives, the Pioneer Valley’s only 24-hour philanthropy event, ended at midnight last night and with it 14,189 unique donors raised $2,676,595 for 463 local nonprofits!
Team Jessica finished 11th out of 186 in the Small Nonprofit category with 153 donors giving $9,194 in support of Jessica’s Boundless Playground! With our matching grant and new donor bonus dollars our grand total raised is $11,969!
A great big Team Jessica THANK YOU goes out to all of you who donated through Valley Gives. We are so very grateful to each and every one of you!
Thank you to the Pacheco’s at Antonio’s Pizza by the Slice in Belchertown for hosting us last night and for your support. Kim handed us $1,000 raised from their TJI fundraiser pizza, Jessica’s Pizza, that has been ongoing since October. You guys ROCK!
And thank you Valley Gives for all you do for nonprofits, raising awareness and sparking the fire in the hearts of all the givers out there in the valley!
Enjoy this Valley Gives wrap up video:
Meanwhile, back at TJI HQ, the fundraising continues…
UMass Student Kyla Galer reporting on Jessica’s Boundless Playground
WHEN YOU MAKE A GIFT WE COULD WIN A PRIZE!
When a you visit Team Jessica’s Valley Gives donor page and make a gift between 12 AM and 11:59 PM on Dec. 10, that gift will be added up along with all the other gifts being made to nonprofits in Western Massachusetts throughout the day. At the end of 24 hours, the nonprofits with the most number of unique donors (qualified by unique email addresses) will be rewarded with special prizes from a pool of up to $225,000.
Unique Donor Prize Structure
- 1st place $5,000
- 2nd place $4,000
- 3rd place $3,000
Throughout the day, Valley Gives donors will be randomly chosen and their gift will be amplified with a “Golden Ticket,” adding anywhere from $500 to $1,000 to their gift.
Golden Ticket Distribution Structure
- 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM (12) 1 per hour, $1,000 Golden Tickets
- 10:00 AM (20) $500 Golden Tickets, Power Hour
- 12:00 PM (20) $500 Golden Tickets, Power Hour
- 4:00 PM (20) $500 Golden Tickets, Power Hour
- 6:00 PM (20) $500 Golden Tickets, Power Hour
- 9:00 PM (12) $1,000 Golden Tickets, Balise Auto Super Power Hour
SCHEDULE YOUR GIFT STARTING DEC. 1
Donors can schedule their gift starting Dec.1 and it will still count toward the Valley Gives totals because the gift will not be processed until Dec. 10.
- Go to Team Jessica’s Valley Gives donor page
- Select “Schedule My Donation”
- Select “Donate Now”
- Create a user account as prompted*
- “Complete” your donation
- Receive confirmation email outlining the details of your scheduled donation
*In order to schedule a donation, a donor MUST save their credit/debit card information and create a user account for the Razoo system to securely store the information as “pending” until the event day. If a donor does not want information stored, he/she must wait until Dec. 10, 2014 to make a live donation in order for the donation to count toward the event day prizes and totals.
VALLEY GIVES QUICK FACTS
- Valley Gives is a 24-hour online giving event
- Razoo is the online giving platform used by Valley Gives
- You do not need to create a Razoo account to make a gift on Dec. 10
- You do need to create a Razoo account to schedule a gift starting Dec. 1
- All gifts are made online using a credit or debit card
- Matching gifts are accepted and counted toward the leaderboard prize totals as long as they are received online by the deadline
- Razoo is completely mobile device enabled so you can make a gift to Valley Gives on your phone or tablet
- Your gift is tax-deductible and your receipt will be emailed to you immediately following your online transaction
HELP TEAM JESSICA ON VALLEY GIVES DAY
- Valley Gives Day is Dec. 10, 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM
- But scheduled gifts can be made starting Dec. 1 at 9:00 AM
- Our donor page is Team Jessica, Inc.
- Use a unique email address each time you make a gift to Team Jessica, Inc. to help us win prizes in most amount of unique donors
- The more unique gifts the better our chances of winning prizes from Valley Gives
Contact Team Jessica any time at firstname.lastname@example.org!
BELCHERTOWN, Mass. – Team Jessica, Inc. is happy to be one of the hundreds of nonprofits in Western Mass. participating in Valley Gives Day, a 24-hour online giving event, on Wednesday, Dec. 10, 2014. Team Jessica is the fundraising arm for Jessica’s Boundless Playground, bringing the community together to raise more than $425,000 over the past four years with close to 50 different events. Although the 100% accessible playground opened for play Nov. 9, 2014, the fundraising is not complete.
“We’ve come a long way in four years and the final $85,000 is no different than the rest of the money we’ve raised,” said Team Jessica’s Marketing Officer Deanna Roux. “We take it one day at a time, one event at a time and have faith in our community. They continue to come together in amazing ways. Last year we raised more than $6,000 with Valley Gives.”
Beginning at midnight EST on Dec. 10 and continuing until 11:59 p.m. EST, residents of Western Mass., and around the world, can go online to connect with causes like Team Jessica, Inc., and make tax-deductible donations to support the important work of our region’s charities. Visit Team Jessica’s Valley Gives page at www.valleygives.razoo.com/story/teamjessicainc.
“Valley Gives is a great way to participate with other nonprofits in the area,” said Vicky Martins Auffrey, Team Jessica’s President and the mother of the playground’s namesake. “A lot of these other organizations are near and dear to our hearts, having worked with them on a personal level before. It’s nice to be in such good company and to highlight the important role nonprofits play in our community.”
Since 2012, Valley Gives has raised more than $3 million for our community. Last year, 11,640 donors supported more than 350 local nonprofits culminating in more than $2 million in donations. This year the number of nonprofits has increased to 462 and the momentum for participation is at a steady upswing. By participating, donors will help charities become eligible for special prizes totaling as much as $225,000.
Team Jessica, Inc. supports and enhances awareness of people with disabilities in the surrounding communities of Western Mass. by supporting initiatives that will improve the lives of people with special needs. To learn more, please visit us online at www.teamjessicaonline.com, www.facebook.com/teamjessicainc and www.twitter.com/teamjessicainc.
Valley Gives is hosted by the Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts in partnership with the Women’s Fund of Western Massachusetts, the Jewish Endowment Foundation, the Jewish Federation of Western Massachusetts, the Pioneer Valley United Way, the The Davis Foundation, the United Way of Franklin County, the United Way of Hampshire County, and The Beveridge Foundation. Learn more at www.valleygivesday.org.
Vicky was honored with the Outstanding Volunteer in Philanthropy Award by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) at their annual luncheon at the Log Cabin in Holyoke, Mass. on Nov. 19, 2014.